Meet in Ragusa or Modica and plunge into the beautiful pristine countryside we call home. We’ll guide you along old mule tracks and over limestone terraces as you delight in mesmerizing wildflowers or pick wild edible plants of the season, such as wild asparagus, capers, chard, mustard tops, or fennel. Savor a leisurely lunch prepared by Emanuele and enjoyed in our home kitchen, on this 1-day countryside walking tour in Sicily, Italy.
Our walks are rated for their level of difficulty as follows:
- Stroll – Daily distance of 2-5 km (1-3 miles) through archeological sites and in towns with stone stairways. Footwear: Lightweight walking shoes.
- Easy – Daily distance of 8-10 km (5-7 miles) on dirt paths and gravel roads, with short ascents & descents. Good van access for assistance along the route. Footwear: Sturdy walking shoes.
- Moderate – Daily distance of 12-16 km (8-10 miles) with longer ascents & descents. May include cobblestone paths and steps, or narrow paths along terraced hillsides. Some van access or options for shorter walks. Footwear: Sturdy walking shoes or lightweight boots.
- Fitness – Daily distance of 12-16 km (8-10 miles) with steep ascents & descents. Walks are at altitudes of 1200-2450 meters (3500-8000 feet) on trails and forest service roads, some rocky or exposed sections. Limited van access, options for shorter or longer routes. Footwear: Lightweight boots.
- Clamber over limestone terraces searching for seasonal edible plants such as wild asparagus, mustard tops, capers, and chard, on this 1-day guided walk near Ragusa, Sicily
- Revel in endless fields of wildflowers, search for wild orchids, and delight in the simple harmony of the countryside ona spring 1-day wildflower walk near Ragusa, Sicily
- Enjoy a home-cooked lunch in our kitchen and experience how Italians eat (and drink!) at home
- Discover ancient pathways and traditional farms with nary a tourist in sight on this insider tour through the countryside of Ragusa
Monday through Saturday, Feb to May & November
Ragusa or Modica Sicily
$190 per person based on 2 people. Contact us for group pricing
1 lunch with wine
Please request separate pricing for groups
Jump to Itinerary