The lively city of Naples, along with a fascinating guided visit of Pompeii set the stage for this walking and hiking tour near the Amalfi Coast. We’ll take a walk along the pathway of the gods above the spectacular Amalfi Coast and through the beautiful island of Capri, while staying in a simple but welcoming family-run inn and a working farm with genuine farm-to-table cooking. Our hikes high in the hills above the Amalfi coast offer superb views as well as a glimpse of simple village life far removed from the hubbub of the coast, and the best views from Capri are enjoyed on our guided walk.
Our walks are rated for their level of difficulty as follows:
- Stroll – Daily distance of 2-5 km (1-3 miles) through archeological sites and in towns with stone stairways. Footwear: Lightweight walking shoes.
- Easy – Daily distance of 8-10 km (5-7 miles) on dirt paths and gravel roads, with short ascents & descents. Good van access for assistance along the route. Footwear: Sturdy walking shoes.
- Moderate – Daily distance of 12-16 km (8-10 miles) with longer ascents & descents. May include cobblestone paths and steps, or narrow paths along terraced hillsides. Some van access or options for shorter walks. Footwear: Sturdy walking shoes or lightweight boots.
- Fitness – Daily distance of 12-16 km (8-10 miles) with steep ascents & descents. Walks are at altitudes of 1200-2450 meters (3500-8000 feet) on trails and forest service roads, some rocky or exposed sections. Limited van access, options for shorter or longer routes. Footwear: Lightweight boots.
“It was a wonderful trip from start to finish.”
– D.M., U.S.A.
- Trek along a 2000-year old Roman road in Pompeii, then stop for a delicious lunch in the shadow of Vesuvio
- Hike along the Pathway of the Gods above the Amalfi Coast with spectacular sea views
- Indulge in farm-to-table meals at a family-run farm, were we stay in sea-view rooms on a panoramic hilltop
- Stay in a cozy guesthouse on the island of Capri, and walk along pathways draped in bougainvilla
- Enjoy a leisurely dinner watching the sunset over the sea, and finish off with locally made limoncello
May 29-June 3, 2020
Jump to Itinerary