The town of Cortina is known as either the “Queen” or the “Pearl” of the Dolomites, and rightly so. Located in a lush valley surrounded by mountain peaks, Cortina offers fantastic views in every direction, while the center of town offers a lively pedestrian walkway with some of the best people-watching in Italy. Splendid mountain hikes with wide, spectacular vistas are the focus of this walking and hiking tour in the Dolomites, with your choice of accommodation: a 4-star hotel in the center of town or a luxurious 5-star hotel with a spa, both with mountain views.
Our walks are rated for their level of difficulty as follows:
- Stroll – Daily distance of 2-5 km (1-3 miles) through archeological sites and in towns with stone stairways. Footwear: Lightweight walking shoes.
- Easy – Daily distance of 8-10 km (5-7 miles) on dirt paths and gravel roads, with short ascents & descents. Good van access for assistance along the route. Footwear: Sturdy walking shoes.
- Moderate – Daily distance of 12-16 km (8-10 miles) with longer ascents & descents. May include cobblestone paths and steps, or narrow paths along terraced hillsides. Some van access or options for shorter walks. Footwear: Sturdy walking shoes or lightweight boots.
- Fitness – Daily distance of 12-16 km (8-10 miles) with steep ascents & descents. Walks are at altitudes of 1200-2450 meters (3500-8000 feet) on trails and forest service roads, some rocky or exposed sections. Limited van access, options for shorter or longer routes. Footwear: Lightweight boots.
- Spot chamois and playful marmots on a beautiful walk, then relax with a catered picnic in an alpine meadow
- Zigzag up steep log steps to an alpine dairy farm and drink sinfully-rich hot chocolate topped with cream from the morning’s milk
- Ride a cable car with views reaching to the Austrian Alps, and walk through the lonely World War I trenches
- Unpack once at one of Cortina’s historic hotels, the delightful 4-star Ancora in downtown Cortina with our favorite bar, or the 5-star Cristallo hotel with a spa and indoor pool – both offer mountain views.
- Customize this tour with family-run hotels or luxury spas for your own private group, with multi-activities for a family tour of theDolomites
July 16-20, 2019
Bressanone, Venice, or Cortina
From $650 USD
Daily breakfast / 4 lunches with beer or wine / 3 dinners with wine
Choice of Signature or Signature with Spa
Jump to Itinerary