Explore the most remote and wildlife-rich area of Costa Rica on this tour packed with memorable experiences in the biologically intense Corcovado Park. This action-packed tour is suitable for most fitness levels. Excursions are with the best expert bilingual guides on site on a daily basis. A true getaway that features a luxury boutique lodge with ocean views, excellent cuisine, and a welcoming staff. Customize this tour for you and your family with a choice of accommodations and activities to suit your budget and interests. The following itinerary is just an example of the kind of private adventure tour in Costa Rica we can organize for you.
Our walks are rated for their level of difficulty as follows:
- Stroll – Daily distance of 2-5 km (1-3 miles) through archeological sites and in towns with stone stairways. Footwear: Lightweight walking shoes.
- Easy – Daily distance of 8-10 km (5-7 miles) on dirt paths and gravel roads, with short ascents & descents. Good van access for assistance along the route. Footwear: Sturdy walking shoes.
- Moderate – Daily distance of 12-16 km (8-10 miles) with longer ascents & descents. May include cobblestone paths and steps, or narrow paths along terraced hillsides. Some van access or options for shorter walks. Footwear: Sturdy walking shoes or lightweight boots.
- Fitness – Daily distance of 12-16 km (8-10 miles) with steep ascents & descents. Walks are at altitudes of 1200-2450 meters (3500-8000 feet) on trails and forest service roads, some rocky or exposed sections. Limited van access, options for shorter or longer routes. Footwear: Lightweight boots.
Choose your dates for this private 6-day tour with excursions guided by local experts. January 15 to April 30 is the recommended season – we can offer suggestions to extend your stay if you want a longer holiday.
- Track tapirs, anteaters, monkeys, sloth, and the elusive puma on a jungle trek with an expert guide
- Snorkel with white-tipped sharks and vividly-colored fish, then picnic on the beach on an uninhabited island
- Don a headlamp as darkness falls and meet up with fascinating creatures of the night on a guided walk
- Enjoy complimentary pre-dinner appetizers, natural fruit juices, and coffee drinks, along with excellent meals based on fresh Costa Rican ingredients
Choose your dates
Drake Bay airport (flights via San Jose)
Drake Bay Airport
5 breakfasts / 5 lunches /5 appetizers pre-dinner / 5 dinners
Signature (or customize your tour with laid-back guesthouses or a vacation rental)
Jump to Itinerary