Our Cuban tour leader will introduce us to the fascinating culture of Cuba, and by staying in private guesthouses for part of the trip, you’ll have a chance to interact with Cubans in their own homes. Cuba is changing fast, and we encourage you to visit it now, while it is still possible to savor the old history while relishing the new energy, including the food renaissance in Havana.
Our walks are rated for their level of difficulty as follows:
- Stroll – Daily distance of 2-5 km (1-3 miles) through archeological sites and in towns with stone stairways. Footwear: Lightweight walking shoes.
- Easy – Daily distance of 8-10 km (5-7 miles) on dirt paths and gravel roads, with short ascents & descents. Good van access for assistance along the route. Footwear: Sturdy walking shoes.
- Moderate – Daily distance of 12-16 km (8-10 miles) with longer ascents & descents. May include cobblestone paths and steps, or narrow paths along terraced hillsides. Some van access or options for shorter walks. Footwear: Sturdy walking shoes or lightweight boots.
- Fitness – Daily distance of 12-16 km (8-10 miles) with steep ascents & descents. Walks are at altitudes of 1200-2450 meters (3500-8000 feet) on trails and forest service roads, some rocky or exposed sections. Limited van access, options for shorter or longer routes. Footwear: Lightweight boots.
A small group tour of Cuba with a maximum of 12 travelers is an ideal way to visit Cuba. This people-to-people tour of western Cuba is conducted in English and is legal for US citizens, while all nationalities are welcome.
- Tour colorful Havana with a local guide, and sip a refreshing daiquiri in Hemingway’s favorite bar
- Learn the basic salsa moves with an experienced teacher, and never pass up a dance again
- Meet a Cuban writer who discusses the political implications of a controlled press in today’s Cuba, with the opportunity to ask questions in a people-to-people tour forum
- See how a talented Cuban artist supports a local daycare center and meet the street kids who learn to sing and dance at a community cultural center
Jan 21-29, 2019
Hotel in Havana
Hotel in Havana
Daily breakfast / 6 lunches / 6 dinners
Essential (guesthouses and private homes)
Jump to Itinerary