Explore and taste your way through the Baroque town of Ragusa on this Sicilian culinary walking tour. Meet your local guide and bring your appetite, as we taste Ragusa’s unique cheeses, focaccia, sweets and more on this 1-day culinary walk that encompasses a variety of artisanal Sicilian foods, and includes lunch in an amazing setting. Enjoy the best of Ragusa, Sicily’s culinary delights on this unique foodie tour!
Our walks are rated for their level of difficulty as follows:
- Stroll – Daily distance of 2-5 km (1-3 miles) through archeological sites and in towns with stone stairways. Footwear: Lightweight walking shoes.
- Easy – Daily distance of 8-10 km (5-7 miles) on dirt paths and gravel roads, with short ascents & descents. Good van access for assistance along the route. Footwear: Sturdy walking shoes.
- Moderate – Daily distance of 12-16 km (8-10 miles) with longer ascents & descents. May include cobblestone paths and steps, or narrow paths along terraced hillsides. Some van access or options for shorter walks. Footwear: Sturdy walking shoes or lightweight boots.
- Fitness – Daily distance of 12-16 km (8-10 miles) with steep ascents & descents. Walks are at altitudes of 1200-2450 meters (3500-8000 feet) on trails and forest service roads, some rocky or exposed sections. Limited van access, options for shorter or longer routes. Footwear: Lightweight boots.
- Meet the family behind Sicily’s oldest cheese shop, and taste a variety of artisanal cheeses from Sicily
- Tantalize your taste buds with food influenced by centuries of cultural change, and learn the history and taste the flavors of locally grown pistachio, citrus, carob, and honey
- Bite into a warm focaccia slathered with rich tomato sauce and learn how its shape is unique to Ragusa
- Quaff a glass of wine from a nearby vineyard and munch plump arancini rice balls with a spicy filling
- Visit a 17th century water mill, where Sicily’s traditional wheat varieties are stone ground, and enjoy a delicious lunch of Ragusa’s unique focaccia with fresh seasonal greens
Note: Some walking up and down streets and steps is required for this tour. Wear comfortable footwear.
Meet & End Ragusa
Monday through Saturday
$150 per person includes all tastings & lunch, private bilingual guide, and 1 transfer within Ragusa.
Please request separate pricing for groups
Jump to Itinerary